Bryant’s College of Business Dean’s Council is growing, with five new members added in the last year who bring the distinguished group of industry leaders to 16 members as of 2020.
Joining the Dean’s Council in 2019 are: Laura (Vessichio) Carrubba ’89, Tax Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers; Erin Champlin ’85, Vice President, Global Services and Transformation at Johnson & Johnson; innovation executive and national speaker Ann-Marie Harrington '86, Founder of Embolden; 2019 Bryant University Alumni Achievement Award recipient Mario F. Hernandez '97 MBA, Founder and CEO of Impesa; and Cynthia Schmitt Sprinkle ’81, whose broad experiences include executive finance positions at Pitney Bowes, Revlon, Guinness, and Sara Lee.
“Through the dedication and commitment of our Dean’s Council, we are continuing to enhance and strengthen these programs to be aligned with evolving industry needs and our students’ professional aspirations.”
Re-launched in October 2018 under the leadership of Madan Annavarjula, Ph.D., Dean of the College of Business, the Council exists as a forum for accomplished industry leaders to provide external perspectives, expert review and counsel, advocacy, and philanthropic support for College of Business students, programs and initiatives, and strategic direction.
“Bryant University’s business programs are consistently recognized and ranked among the very best in the country,” notes Annavarjula. “Through the dedication and commitment of our Dean’s Council, we are continuing to enhance and strengthen these programs to be aligned with evolving industry needs and our students’ professional aspirations.”
According to Dean Annavarjula, members of the Dean’s Council play a vital role in sharing their perspectives and expertise to help to set objectives that keep Bryant at the forefront among the most highly regarded business programs in the U.S. Through service on the Dean’s Council, these distinguished alumni and friends of the University serve as ambassadors in their communities and professions. Council members leverage their own networks to open doors that provide Bryant students and graduates with internships, mentoring opportunities, and career success.
Members of the College of Business Dean’s Council:
- P. James Brady ’81, Council Chair, Vice Chairman of Advisory Services at alliantgroup
- Charles Caranci, Jr. ’88, CPA, Executive Vice President and CFO at LeChase Construction Services, LLC
- Laura (Vessichio) Carrubba ’89, Tax Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Erin (Doherty) Champlin ’85, Vice President, Global Services and Transformation at Johnson & Johnson
- Jaime Eichen ’98, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Jeffrey M. Fryer ’91, P’19, P’22, CPA, Co-founder and Chief Financial Officer at Rallybio, LLC
- John R. Galvin ’91 MBA, President and CEO, AAA Northeast
- Sharon Garavel ’85, Managing Director, Operations Executive, JPMorgan Chase
- Eric Handa ’97, President and CEO at AP Telecom LLC
- Ann-Marie Harrington '86, Innovation Executive and Founder of Embolden
- Mario F. Hernandez ’97 MBA, Founder and CEO of Impesa
- Samantha Merwin ’12, Head of Markets Advocacy for ETF and Index Investing Markets & Investments, BlackRock
- Kevin O’Neill P '20, managing partner and co-founder, Acertitude
- Cynthia Schmidt Sprinkle ’81, former finance executive at Pitney Bowes, Revlon, Guinness, and Sara Lee
- James Verraster ’77, CEO at Auromet Trading, LLC
- Scott Voss ’92, Managing Director at HarborVest Partners LLC
To learn more about how you can become involved with advancing the College of Business and the College of Business Dean’s Council, contact Executive Director of Development Edward Magro, J.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 232-6528.