SMITHFIELD, RI – Bryant University’s International Business (IB) program has again emerged as one of the best in the country, according to the recent U.S. News & World Report 2020 College Rankings. IB is ranked No. 25 in a field of some of the most prestigious and well-known universities in the country including Georgetown, University of Michigan, and University of Southern California. According to the U.S. News & World Report editors, this ranking is based solely on peer assessment surveys, and only programs accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) are considered.
“It is a clear measure of Bryant’s commitment to excellence in teaching and research at the highest level."
A hallmark academic program
One of the University’s hallmark academic programs, IB has climbed steadily in the rankings since the program was founded in 2004. This interdisciplinary program attracts some of the most academically accomplished men and women from around the country, offering rich experiential learning opportunities, an intensive language component, quality internships, and immersive study abroad programs. Faculty work closely with the John H. Chafee Center for International Business to partner with regional and global businesses for the intensive capstone practicum for seniors.
“This recognition of International Business and other top programs is a reflection of Bryant’s enduring commitment to transformative, innovative, and truly global education. It is an honor to be recognized by our distinguished peers as one of the best in the country,” says Glenn Sulmasy, J.D., L.L.M, Provost and Chief Academic Officer. “Congratulations to Dean Madan Annavarjula and our world-class faculty on this outstanding accomplishment.”
“It is rewarding to see the IB program at No. 25 in the country for the second year in a row. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our world-class faculty led by Crystal Jiang, Ph.D., the staff at the Chafee Center for International Business, and our talented students,” says Madan Annavarjula, Ph.D., Dean of the College of Business and the program’s co-founder.
Crystal Jiang, Ph.D., Professor of Management and Director of the IB program, sees this this positive rankings news as important external peer validation of the program’s rigor and value. “It’s a clear measure of Bryant’s commitment to excellence in teaching and research at the highest level,” she says.
- International functional concentrations. The IB program is one of the few in the country offering concentrations in Accounting, Information Systems and Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Global Supply Chain Management, and Marketing.
- Real, hands-on global experience. Required study abroad and a set of global internships enable students to deepen their international perspective while immersing themselves in a new culture and language.
- World-class faculty with global backgrounds. Inspiring international faculty from around the world are experts in their fields and combine the latest theory with direct experience in the business world.
- Language Proficiency. Students learn a second language and demonstrate intermediate level proficiency in the language as a graduation requirement in the program.
- International Consulting Projects (Carolyn Rafaelian International Business Practicum). Students are assigned to real life companies on international Business Consulting projects in their final year.
IB was also among the top programs recognized nationally in the recently released College Factual 2020 national rankings. IB ranked No. 3, joined by the Marketing program. Other stand-outs in the College Factual report are: Business, Management, and Marketing (combined) and Accounting are ranked No. 4; Entrepreneurial Studies is No. 8; and Applied Mathematics is No. 10. Overall Bryant is No. 189 nationally out (top 11 percent) of the 1,728 schools ranked. More rankings news here>>>
To learn more about Bryant’s International Business program, visit https://admission.bryant.edu/academics/courses-of-study/international-business.
For 156 years, Bryant University has been at the forefront of delivering an exceptional education that anticipates the future and prepares students to be innovative leaders of character in a changing world. Bryant delivers an innovative and uniquely integrated business and liberal arts education that inspires students to excel. With approximately 3,700 graduate and undergraduate students from 38 states and 53 countries, Bryant is recognized as a leader in international education and regularly receives top rankings from U.S. News and World Report, Money, Bloomberg Businessweek, Wall Street Journal, and Barron's. Visit www.Bryant.edu.