On Thursday, Oct. 29, Bryant faculty, staff, and students will take part in A Day of Understanding – an opportunity to explore topics surrounding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The event, sponsored by the University's Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in collaboration with partners across the University, includes in-person as well as virtual sessions throughout the day such as:
- Understanding Students with Disabilities
- Stories of Overcoming: Together We Rise
- Who is Latinx? Why Are We Here and How Are We Racialized?
- Women in Tech
- The Gender Pay Gap
- Standing in Solidarity: Allyship Panel
- Al Islam: Human Identity – A Quranic View
The day also includes art exhibitions, affinity group meet-and-greets, and a presentation by keynote speaker Andy Stoll, a global citizen who speaks on the importance of cultural competency as a leadership skill.
Additional information and registration are available here.